Saturday 23 July 2011

Karen Anne Daly

Welcome to Bluefairy Creations.

My name is Karen Anne Daly.  I am an artist, living in Levin, New Zealand.  



I have been drawing and painting for most of my life, and feel a strong link to my environment, to the land, plants and trees.
Nature has always been a primary influence in my art.  I find I am constantly drawn to natural shapes and forms, the way light shines through them, illuminating what is deeper within.
  
My techniques involve working with layers of colour or imagery to allow parts of the underlying picture and light to show through.  I aim for a transient feel, imitating nature as it constantly changes and adapts, reacting to the seasons, light and shadow throughout the day all around us. 
My oil paintings follow a Spiritual theme.  I aim for a soul quality in my pictures, shown especially as areas of light. 

For some pictures I include a verse I have written, inspired by my own personal response to the subject.  This I use to enhance the subject, and add another dimension of communication between myself and the viewer.

The end result is pictures that the viewer can look deeper into, through multiple layers, and discover more from each time.  Through this I hope to impart a feeling of mystery, and a sense of our own ongoing link between what is natural and Spiritual within us, and within our environment.



No comments:

Post a Comment